2021 Employment Opportunities
CLA is now accepting applications for the following position:
Equipment O&M Assistant
- Metal Refinishing: Sanding & Painting
- Oversight & Direction of a Summer Lake Sector Crew
- Facility & Work Yard Maintenance
- Large & Small Engines Operation & Maintenance; Diesel & Gasoline
- Hydraulic Systems Operation & Maintenance
- In-Lake Water Equipment Operation
- Minor Welding Repairs
Experience and Education
- Demonstrated Work Experience in Primary Work Tasks
- Familiarity With 1 or More Occasional Work Tasks
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Currently Valid Clean Motor Vehicle Operator’s License, CDL Preferred
- Possession of Boater’s Safety Certificate or Able To Obtain Upon Employment
- Full-Time Position with Hourly Pay
- Holiday and Illness Leave Benefits
- Health Plan Participation Eligible
- Reports To Chief Mechanic and Lake Operations Manager
To apply: Complete the application and return it along with a cover letter that explains why you are interested in the position and how it fits your abilities to:
Chautauqua Lake Association, Inc.
429 East Terrace Avenue
Lakewood, New York 14750
CLA is accepting applications for ongoing summer work.
Seasonal positions include:
- In-lake operators
- Near shore laborers
- Crew supervisors
The Chautauqua Lake Association is currently accepting applications for its Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Spread Prevention Program.
The Chautauqua Lake Association (CLA) is seeking qualified individuals to work as Boat Stewards for a regional spread prevention program across Chautauqua County.
- Chautauqua Lake
- Cassadaga Lake
- Lake Erie
Stewards will gather data and inspect boats for aquatic invasive species as part of an early detection/rapid response spread prevention effort. Stewards will also educate boaters and visitors about aquatic invasive species (AIS) and how the general public can help slow the spread of AIS. This is part of a statewide Clean, Drain, Dry spread prevention and awareness program.
Weekend work is required (Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday). Position will be approximately 32 hours per week for 12-16 weeks. All necessary supplies will be provided. Stewards will be required to provide their own transportation to/from launch sites and ability to transport work related material.
This is a great opportunity to learn about aquatic invasive species while interacting with the public to protect our freshwater resources. Stewards are needed throughout Chautauqua County including positions on Chautauqua Lake, Cassadaga Lake and Lake Erie launches at Dunkirk Harbor and Barcelona.
Applications should include a cover letter describing your interest, qualifications and preferred location. Please send to Heather Nolan-Caskey, Chautauqua Lake Association, Inc. 429 East Terrace Avenue, Lakewood, NY 14750 or by email with the subject line: Boat Steward.
The Chautauqua Lake Association Boat Steward Program is a state funded regional spread prevention and public education program with the goal of preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species (AIS) via voluntary watercraft inspections. Boat Stewards promote public understanding of AIS regulations, as well as educating boaters and lake users on basic management practices that they can implement to avoid spreading AIS to uninfested waterbodies via their boats, trailers or recreational gear.